Friday, July 12, 2013

A review for July- Wheezy, Ads and Tags

Can I talk about Wheezy for a minute?

I love it when I find little corners of the YouTube world where there’s my favorite YouTuber doing a PSA or an Ad.

Just a few moment ago, I saw Mario and Fafa tackling the thorny issue of copyright in a hilariously funny way. (x)

Then just yesterday I saw Wheezy doing an ad for Tivo. It was hilarious as always. (x)

Wheezy does great ad work. His fiesta commercial was un-hated by most people compared to other ads done by other fiesta agents. (Did I talk about the Fiesta movement? Oh, wait I guess I did in Butterflies ‘review’.)

All of his ads were wonderful, it added what Wheezy was known for and added some corporate magic.

Seems companies knew that they can’t tamper with the YouTuber to sell the product, but rather tamper the product to serve the YouTuber. That creativity comes first in advertising and product can sail away to the heart of the audience.

I really ‘dig’ Krave Challenge series done by other YouTubers. When Alex Day first started, I think it was just bunch of YouTuber doing stuff but Alex turn the idea into a tag! I thought it was fantastic because now we have a motivation to follow other people and have more ad time.

(I also liked cool ranch tacos ads, just the concept to execution was perfect. I liked that they showed ads of famous YouTubers being surprised, but in a way that if people didn’t knew them, they’ll think it’s just some random people. Therefore being a celebrity testimonial and a common bandwagon.)

Speaking of tags, I like tags. See, most people I’m such a ‘hipster’ with no concern for big YouTuber and everything should be grassroots but that’s not true at all. I adore some big YouTuber like Philip DeFranco (I’ll compare him to Ray William Johnson for how to become a big YouTuber properly later in the series.) and I like some of their gimmicks like tags.

Tags connects other YouTubers. They are like shout-outs except that most people don’t recognize the fact. If you follow a tag, you’ll find yourself in different nook and crannies of YouTube that you didn’t thought existed. In fact it’s lovely to find new YouTuber through tags.
I’ll give an example tomorrow as I like to say more of the idea in a different construct.

No comments:

Post a Comment