Thursday, July 18, 2013

A review for July- Kevin and more detours.

Continuing our detour.... with a recommendation.

Kevin Gisi is a favorite of Hank Green and I and he makes videos every MWF for a little while then about once a week after Fall. His videos are interesting and thought-provoking and mostly I get excited about his videos.


Um... yeah. So little bit more than a be a platform... more like a public stage with a business but ‘the advice’ is the same. Keep open every channel that has viewer and perhaps get more.

So let’s disregard that video and instead mull on this.

Cool - I was hoping this was more of a semantics distinction :)
It's an interesting problem though - when you have free content, you're somewhat less accountable. Yet YouTube is still far better to its audience than, say, cable.

I think the answer lies in the fact that YouTube encourage competition. Cable companies, least to me, just need to provide a block of programs and they’ll be fine. There is little to no competition and cable makes money somewhere else... TV Station, Networks, whatever...

But YouTube knows that without competition, viewer will be cut short and that will hurt them and so you need to bring those who gets views so there’s more doors open.

Back to the video, I talked about how TV is not that far away from YouTube as people think or want. I’ll actually, if I have time, make few more posts about it, maybe in the weekend. So, I’ll just say that as the content improves the line thinens.

No comments:

Post a Comment