Wednesday, July 17, 2013

A review for July- It's a Platform


I was going to postpone today’s video but this video came up and I just had to comment on it.

Hank’s main argument in the video here is that YouTube should be a platform.

If you think of a platform, it’s a platform. It just stands there... it does do anything. People stand on it and do stuff. Platform does nothing but provide a place for creator to show off.

And that’s what Hank wants. A place where people come and show off and we could laugh or boo or whatever feeling you get.

Because that’s what YouTube is. It’s a platform. That’s what it was designed to do, so yeah...

Maybe YouTube being involved was the worst idea. Maybe we should just have outside resource build around YouTube, much like iPhone. Simple thing that you could customize... and when Apple started to ruin that... we don’t like it as more. (I don’t know if Apple did ruin the concept but that’s a point of contention.)

I thought it was long post but I think this is the thought... Yeah, I’m happy with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment