Wednesday, July 31, 2013

A review for July- Comic... I mean Vidcon!

I don’t want Vidcon to be Comic-Con.

If I ever meet Hank Green, one of five question I’ll ask him is “Do you think Vidcon will be like Comic-con?” because I want to know if Hank wants to go down that route.

Comic-con is more TCA press release for fans. People from the media show up and share stories and their upcoming something. It’s all the same.

Sure, there’s some community involved but Comic-con is just too big. Why people go to comic con anyway?

Vidcon is little bit different. Most people go for the community and friendship more than seeing YouTubers.

In fact, I like the variety in the YouTube conventions.

(Sorry for the rough segway, I don’t want to get ranty and I wanted to get to the main point.)

The three big con in US have their own quirks.

Playlist Live in Orlando is for the fans. They set up the room like there’s celebrities and fans and fangirls just swarm to see people. So if you just want to fangirl, then Playlist Live is the place to go.

Vidcon in Anaheim is more community based. Talks are more Comic-con like but other activities are to strengthen the community between the fans and creator (and the people in between!) Vidcon will try to make friends and have a happy atmosphere then just to idolize people.

Vloggerfair in Seattle is spontaneous. I don’t if the thing was supposed to be spontaneous but I like that it’s spontaneous. People can doing anything, provided the equipment and people can create weird stuff that came out of nowhere... I like that about Vloggerfair and they should take note on that.

The three fairs are also located in the corners of USA. Seattle in the NW corner, Anaheim in the SW corner, and Orlando on the SE corner.

Perhaps a different con based in New York and Boston, perhaps specified in structure and adventure, like the MP3 Experiment, will complete the four corners of YouTube.

Seattle (NW) Spontaneity, New York or Boston (NE) Activity, Orlando (SE) Celebrity, Anaheim (SW) Community UNITE!

With the four combined, YouTube becomes a stronger place, bringing happiness to the world!
Okay, but seriously... coordination between the three (or four) will be nice and also keep down the audience number as not to over-inflate like Comic Con has become.

Hope Hank or John or any of the event organizers see this and take it into consideration.

Thank you.

And thank you to sticking with me for the past month or some of the month if you’re like that. This experience made me more excited about YouTube and media in general and perhaps give me courage to pursue it further... Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment