Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Princess and the Doctor tag!

I created this tag when I realized that there's eleven incarnation of the Doctor and eleven Disney Princesses. As both are widely drawn and loved in many ways, I think it'll be a perfect time to add the two together.

So, basically which princess best fit the companionship of which doctor?

Let's start with the First Doctor. Now, he's known as a cool old grandpa in the talks about him so I think I'll place a more vulnerable person to the list... um, I'll go with Ariel. I think the brattiness of Ariel will contrast nicely with the sternness of the First Doctor. Could be a interesting combination.

Second Doctor... he's much more of a bumbly type with the trick and mannerism and all that, so let's have a fun loving character to add with him. I think Rapunzel will suffice?

Third Doctor. James Bond phase, and also the soildfier in many tropes of the Doctor. Which princess should go with him? Let's go in Cinderella, she wouldn't mind the whomobile and the Master.

Fourth Doctor... friendly and childlike and also a rambunctious adventurer... let's go with Mulan with this one as he wouldn't mind his companions to be part of the action.

Fifth Doctor, a gentle but a bloody Doctor. Who can survive all the attacks and graciousness and the celery to boot! I think Snow White will fit the bill as the classic bumbling companions of his era.

Sixth Doctor... when the Doctor took a dark turn... who can accompany him at such harsh times? Well, Jasmine is known to keep a sane mind through the antics of Aladdin so why now for him?

Seventh Doctor, the Chessmaster. Who can match his wits and battles? Well, his scottish accent will fit nicely with our scottish redhead. Also, it would be interesting to place Merida in one of his schemes.

Eighth Doctor, the lovey-dovey one. Who can take his big heart and his adventures...? Belle will certainly take his love and give the brain to his bumbling body.

Ninth Doctor, a street-wise and mood swinging one but a good one nevertheless. I am going with Aurora because she's very domestic and will contrast nice with his style. Fantastic!

Tenth Doctor. Manic and bubbly but knows how to take down a villain. Tiana can replace the role of Martha and she'll be least good as Martha in the show...

Eleventh Doctor. What could I say? Well, only Pocahontas is left so he will have deal with that princess. Or more likely she will have to deal with the Doctor. She's a serious one.

Well, I'm not a final arbiter by any means so leave a comment or make something of it and send it my way. I'll be excited to hear your opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment