Sunday, February 17, 2013

Lindsay Ellis + Tom Milsom + Mike Rugetta = ?

So I was watching Nostalgia Chick's review of Return to Me and I remembered an another movie I saw called Searching for David's Heart, which was also about a heart transplant and I was wondering how there was a thing about heart transplants back in 1990s. Then, I realized that internet and heat transplantation were starting to be in common place in 1990s.

Then I realized how weird it was... How we can send ideas with light and transfer someone's piece of body to someone else. It felt so weird and futuristic, but yet it was novel twenty years ago and no one even thinks about it. Heck, maybe in twenty years we could send actual hearts by light! (We have the technology...)

Just twenty years to be commercialized and twenty more to disappear into society...

I felt a strange optimism in knowing that technology that thought catastrophic in science fiction in the 50s are realized today, and yet people go on doing stuff people having doing for centuries. There was a optimism in the idea that we're still human after all the changes in technology, that they're still tools for us not the controller.

Then I realized that I finally got a response to Mike Rugetta's Futurama video. Louis CK's idea of Everything is Amazing, and Nobody is Happy is not a bad thing for me. It's actually good! It's actually good that life goes on with technology rather having technology ruling over us.

Being content means there's nothing to do.

That is really boring.

I'll tell you what I told someone after he found out I was an atheist and asked, "Why do you want to go to Hell rather than Heaven?"

"Because Hell has something to do."

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment